Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Works for Me: Eating Well

Shannon has a themed Works-For-Me Wednesday this week. I'm adding one of my favorite recipes.

CHICKEN EGGPLANT
Peel and slice an eggplant into 1/2 in. slices and lay them flat in a baking dish. Drizzle with a little olive oil and seasoned salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down on top of the eggplant. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 45 min. Remove the foil, turn the pieces of chicken over and continue baking until the skin is golden brown.

This recipe works for a low carb diet. If one wishes to lower the fat, use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and keep the pan covered for the full hour of baking.

Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for more Eating Well tips.


7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this-tomorrow! I really love eggplant, but I never know what to do with it. I have everything for this simple recipe...except the eggplant. Thank you!

Sounds easy! Will have to save it and try it out.

Doris:
That sounds very interesting. Bryan has to do the whole low-carb thing for his diabetes. Did you see what a goose I am? I posted a non-food WFMW! Oh, well!

Blogger Donnetta said...

I always wondered how to make eggplant. Now I have a recipe! :-)

Thanks for "delurking" and commenting at "My Quiet Corner". Please know you are welcome anytime!

Blogger Mariah said...

Hi Doris, Thanks for stopping by! I looked for an email address for you, but couldn't find one...so here I am to say thanks. Have a great day! ~Mariah~

Blogger Mariah said...

PS I LOVE your fifties theme!

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of eggplant. Your recipe is low fat, quick and sound yummy.

Post a Comment

<< Home