Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Deck The Halls, Y'all!
You're fashionably late. No wait, I am the one that's late. Sigh. Thank you, BooMama for hosting this!

(Playing in the background...Harry Connick Jr.'s When my Heart Finds Christmas. Scents dispersed throughout the house include Yankee Candle's Home Sweet Home, Home for the Holidays, Holiday Sage.)

Welcome to my home! I'm so glad you stopped by. Enjoy some shortbread and spiced tea, two of my favorite recipes.

This is our tree. We always get a real Fraser fir.


Much to hubby's dismay, we have one of these cute singing and dancing Santa's. :)


This is our kitchen table. If you look close you can see the little stockings hung on the chair.



This year I put a Christmas tree in every room. The ones in the bathroom are the tiny ones, but still a tree in each room. This is the one in our bedroom.



This is one of our Christmas Countdowns. We have a few collected over the years.


I think Blogger is saying I'm out of photo room. I had another picture to share; I will do so in a following post. Thank you so much for stopping by. Merry Christmas to all! God bless.


9 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Your tree is beautiful and the dancing Santa looks so fun! Thanks for having us over and Merry Christmas!
Kelli

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a tree in every room! You deserve some sort of medal. I really love the header on your blog, it made me smile. Thanks for having me over.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree and table are lovely. And it's always better late than never! Thanks for joining in on the tour and sharing your home!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool - a tree in every room, how ambitious! ;) I saw your comment on my blog re: bloglines and I'll try to explain. Once you log into your Bloglines account, it should be showing two windows, a narrower one on the left and a wider one. (if not point your mouse over on the left-hand edge and see if there's a little arrow bar 'expand pane' you can click on)

At the top of the left window should be buttons 'add,' 'edit,' 'options.' If you click on 'add,' a box comes up in the right window where you enter the http address of the blog you want to add. Then it will come up with a number of 'feeds,' I'm not really clear on the difference between them, lol, I always check the box that has the largest number of subscribers! Then you have a bunch of choices if you want to sort them by categories or anything. Then click 'subscribe' at the bottom and it should be added on the left side and will be there every time you log in.

Clear as mud? You can email me if you need more help!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doris:
No wonder you were late - a tree in every room! Girl, you've been working!

Blogger Grafted Branch said...

I love the tree...real makes a difference, I think (but I'm not sure because it's been so many years...*sigh*).

I like your blog banner especially...

Blogger Doris said...

Like I said some of the trees are the tiny. The ones in the bathrooms are the ones that are maybe 10". The kids both have 3' ones that they decorate. The one in our bedroom is a prelit which I don't decorate. I actually decorate only 3 trees. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your tree! And I'm also really glad I wasn't the only one "fashionably late" :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

<< Home