Thursday, November 09, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday

This is one of my favorite recipes to make on those days when I didn't plan ahead. It does take 2 hours to bake, but the prep time is minimal and I usually have the ingredients on hand.

Someday I will get the hang of blogging and be able to think ahead to take pictures of everything I do, just in case.

SAUCY BAKED PORK CHOPS

6-8 pork chops
2 med. onions, sliced
2 cans cream-of-mushroom soup
6 T catsup
4 T Worcestershire sauce
Shortening

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown chops in shortening. Place in large casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper. Brown onions in the same frying pan as chops. Arrange cooked onions over chops. Mix all remaining ingredients in the same fry pan; heat. Pour over chops and onions. Cover and bake 2 hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure and visit our hostess with the mostess, Overwhelmed for more great recipes.


1 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Yum sounds good. I've used the mushroom soup but the prebrowning and onions, catsup and worcestershire sauce I've never thought of. Bet it really adds to the flavor.

Post a Comment

<< Home