Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Daylight Sanity Savings Time
The recent time change is just one of the reasons fall is my least favorite season. I think I have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) but hubby says if they had not named it I wouldn't have it. His way of saying it's horse puckey. Of course he says I don't have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and did not like me telling you so. He prefers to think, Ok he knows better, but prefers YOU to think I'm normal.

Sigh, no sign of normalcy here. Mommy Dearest posted a notice on a list I am on reminding us to turn back our clocks Saturday night. Not that I needed reminding...I had been dreading the time change for weeks, but hubby and I were looking forward to an extra hour sleep! I turned back my alarm clock one hour, set the alarm for 7:45 AM, and got to bed at a decent time. Early the next morning I awoke and immediately jumped up to make sure Austin had made it home safely from a date the night before. Thankfully he had. :) I then checked my cell phone to see if I had any missed messages or calls during the night. Finding none, I noticed the time was 5:50. Two hours before my intended wake up time, but 5:50 is still later than I get up on weekday mornings, so I decided to go ahead and stay up. I turned on the coffee pot, let the dog out, sat down to check email, blogs, etc. I read, and read, and read as typically happens in blog land. I had been up for a long while...looked down at the clock on the computer. 6:00! What? It was 5:50 over an hour ago. :::sinking feeling::: My cell phone was apparently not set for auto updates, so I had unintentionally gotten up at 4:50! Stinkin' time change. Why can't they just leave my Daylight Savings Time alone?


3 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

My word that was early in the morning! Frustrating!

Blogger Barb said...

That's just too too early! It always takes me a couple of days to adjust. What I hate is it gets dark at 5 in the afternoon now. I'm not real sure why they ever started messing with our time anyway. I'd love to know the reason behind it.

Starting next year, I think they're stopping Daylight Savings Time 6 weeks later than usual. I actually taught about SAD in my human anatomy co-op class last week. My mom was definitely affected so much by light and I am very much that way, too. I think of how depressed I would be if I were my husband and only saw daylight at my own home on weekends for much of the fall and winter months.

Post a Comment

<< Home