Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Meditations Part 2
When Laurel posted her 2007 New Year Meditations post and invited us to join in, I started pondering but knew it would take a few days to get my thoughts together. I mean, these are goals for my life for the next 12 months. That's pretty hefty. So...I do have the rest of the year to work on these but I thought maybe I should finalize these thoughts before the end of the month.

As I mentioned, my heart is centered around redeeming the time. I can't list now WHAT I'm going to do, nor how. I hope to figure out the "how's" as I go through the year. These are a few things on which I feel the need to work:
Serving
Learning more about my God Thankfully, I was brought up going to church and being taught about God at home. Throughout most of my first twenty years I had a wonderful, wise pastor from which I learned much and still learn from though he is not my present pastor. The next twenty years I continued to learn; but in the past four years I have learned more about God than the previous forty combined. I don't say this lightly...I thank God for the blessings I am receiving. I was made to realize the Bible was written to ME. When I started taking His words more personal, what blessings I received. God has blessed my current pastor to teach me ever so much and I can never thank Him enough. I purpose to spend more time learning about Him.
De-cluttering Wow! My mind has been set on lessening the clutter in our home. As I'm typing I realize I need to unclutter much more in my life than material things.
Being a better steward of God's blessings Monetary and otherwise

So there are some of my goals for this year. As Laurel said, "this will be a post I am hoping to come back to throughout the year and see how God changed things, how some prayers were answered, and to see how God blew my mind on other things. And, God willing, I would love to come back and post December 2007 what God taught me through everything."


2 Comments:

Hi, Doris, and thanks for helping me celebrate my Blogiversary. Feel free to visit again anytime. :-)

I enjoyed my visit here. :-)

Blogger Susanne said...

Wonderful goals to work towards through out the year. Serving is a huge one. Have a great year doing it and I'm sure you'll look back and see how much you've learned and done.

Post a Comment

<< Home