Friday, January 26, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


WooHoo This week and next, the theme for Favorite Ingredients Friday is Super Bowl Edition. I love party type recipes. This week I'll share an easy, delicious guacamole recipe.

GUACAMOLE

1 medium tomato, diced
2 medium avocados
2 T lemon juice
1 1/4 t salt
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
4oz. can green chiles, chopped
fresh cilantro

This is how you mix this all together:

Yep, with your hands. Then place the avocado pits in the mixture until serving time. This keeps the guacamole from turning dark.

Head over to Overwhelmed With Joy for more great recipes.


9 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

How fabulous to get your recipe for Guacamole! I have been looking for a good one and they are hard to come by. Thanks for the tip about the avocado pits, I had never heard that one! :)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Doris, this sounds wonderful! Hey, you could make your guacamole and use it in my 7 Layer Mexican Dip recipe! How cool is that? :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to participate in my Super Bowl Sunday edition of my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh my husband is going to love this. Just the other day he was asking me to find a recipe for guacamole. What I buy has trans fat's and we're trying to do without. I am definately going to try this one! I have it printing as we "speak"! :-)

Blogger Michelle said...

We love guacamole here! Thanks for the tip about leaving the pit in the avocado - I didn't realize that!

Blogger Rae said...

This sounds yummy! Thanks for the extra tip about the avacado pits. I've just been using the lemon juice to keep it from turning dark but I'm not a fan of the flavor it gives the guacamole. Thanks for sharing & have a great weekend! =)

I love guacamole, but I haven't made it in ages!

Blogger Susanne said...

I loooove guacamole! I had no idea you could put the pit back in and it would keep it from turning brown. What a great tip!

Blogger Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks for the pit tip! I'll try it.

Blogger Unknown said...

I love guacamole. I'll vouch for your tip. I've done it before, and it does work.

Post a Comment

<< Home