Monday, March 05, 2007
It's a Par-tay

Welcome to my part of the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. This is a great opportunity to visit other blog sites hosting parties and to win prizes! I am offering a pack of card stock, stamp set and stamp pad. Good luck to everyone. There are a lot of really cool prizes. BTW, leave me a comment to be entered into a drawing for another stamp set and stamp pad. Giving IS more fun than receiving. :)

Again, welcome to my party. Sit down, relax, have a cup of Starbucks Gold Coast blend. If it's a little too bold for you, I also have a pot of Decaf Kona brewing. I made a chocolate pound cake for you to enjoy while we visit and I tell you a little about myself.

I am an almost-empty nester. I have a wonderful hubby of 27 years. We have a sweet 21 year old daughter who attends a local university and lives at home when she's not hanging out at her friends places. Our fun 18 year old son is away attending a private state college. I miss him. He and I enjoy playing card and board games together. I treasure the conversations we have during these games.

I love visiting blog sites. My Bloglines feeds grow almost daily. I hope you have fun visiting all the sites hosting parties. I sure am!

Thank you for stopping by. I'll leave you with the recipe for the cake you've sampled.


CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE

3 cups plain flour
4T cocoa
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
1 cup milk
5 eggs, separated (beat egg whites)
1 t vanilla extract

Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside. Cream butter shortening and sugar. Add egg yolks. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Add vanilla. Fold in egg whites. Pour into a greased and floured (Bakers Joy, bay-bee!) tube pan. Place in COLD oven. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!


26 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

You have a very pretty site and what a great idea to give a recipe. I could always use a good one. Thanks for inviting me to your party! Have fun!

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Ok, That pound cake sounds divine! I have never made one (Gasp) but I may just try this one.

Welcome to the PARTY!!

Linda

Blogger Diane Viere said...

Thanks for the nice welcome...nice to "meet" you!

Have a great party week!

Another, "almost an empty nester" here....our youngest is 15 and in 9th grade. We have a few more years to go...but the years fly by as evidenced by our older children, 26 and 24!

Diane

Blogger Mel said...

You have a beautful sight and your header is too cute. Thanks for inviting me over to the party and when you have time come on over to sample my box of chocolates.
Melissa

that pound cake sounds wonderful! and thanks for the welcome comment on my page! I have received quite a few so far I should have joined the blog party earlier! oh and Love your site very pretty. :)

Jenna

Blogger Julie Arduini said...

This is a beautiful site with a great recipe to boot! thanks for having us stop by!

Julie
http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/

Blogger Alexis Jacobs said...

What a great site! Oh and can I get a frappachino instead :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - Nice to meet a fellow Georgian. We were empty nesters until our 16 year old granddaughter decided she wanted to live with us for her last 2 years of HS. Talk about culture shock! Come over to my pajama party if you get a chance.

Blogger Esther said...

The chocolate pound cake recipe looks fabulous!! I'll be back to visit your blog again!

I found you thru The Party. I love to cook & look thru old cookbooks.
Best wishes, Esther

Blogger Unknown said...

Cute design!
I found you through the party. I'm partying too!

Enjoy!!

Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Chocolate pound cake sounds out-of-this-world!

Hey! I just noticed you put the pictures in the sidebar--way to go, girl!

Blogger Susanne said...

Doris, chocolate pound cake and Starbuck's?! You really know how to throw a party!

Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Just came over off of the party train, sorry I'm late! Great place you have here - I'll just mix and mingle a bit and, oh, have a second helping of that yummy pound cake. Heaven! Thanks for having me over. Hope you're having a blast!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm...chocolate pound cake. Yum. You know how to throw a party, especially a good one in these early-morning hours! Yum!

Blogger Christine said...

Thank you for having me at your party. The cake and coffee were superb.

Blogger Wendi said...

Thanks for stopping by Doris. Yes, I love the stove. The smooth top was a great invention!

Blogger KK said...

MMMM!!! That chocolate pound cake looks diving! I have been laid up with my back all week so I am a little late getting around!

Blogger Brandie said...

Mmmm ... chocolate! I love chocolate. I love your blog title ... Happily Ever After. I really feel like I'm living that way most days! Your blog is wonderful. I have really enjoyed my visit!

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I just saw the name of your blog and had to stop by! My blog is Ever After . . . My Way!

That cake sounds wonderful!

Blogger Barb said...

Hi Doris,

I haven't checked in on you in a while. I'm a little late to your party but that's no big surprise. LOL

I know what you mean about missing your son. I was completely lost when both my girls were away at college. It's so wonderful to live near them both again although Mandy will be leaving when she gets married in June. It's only temporary - two years while Aaron attends graduate school - but I already know how much I'm going to miss her.

Lovely party. I'm glad I finally stopped by!

Blogger Trina said...

Doris-
Thank you for stopping by my site and leaving a comment. It is nice to know someone is reading it. I look forward to getting to know you through your blog. I will certainly be back!

Love and Prayers-Trina

Blogger wendybirde said...

Hi Doris, I havent been online as much lately, and missed this party. But I just wanted to say "hi". Hope you had a Very Blessed Easter : ) Wendy

Blogger Susanne said...

Just popping in to say Happy Spring and hoping everything is fine with you.

Susanne

Blogger Barb said...

OK, Doris. Breaks over! Come out, come out, wherever you are. :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home