Wednesday, January 02, 2008
WFMW: Cleaning fireplace doors

Over the years I have tried m.a.n.y. ways to clean the soot off our glass fireplace doors. We have a wood burning insert so the doors are always closed when we have a fire. (I HATE having an insert. I had rather see, hear, feel and smell the fire than to have the abundant heat an insert supplies.)

When I last purchased a product to clean my glass top stove, I bought Weiman Cook Top for the first time. It worked well for my stove, as has every product I have tried on my stove top. But...as I was reading the directions for use, I happened to notice these words: "Also excellent for cleaning glass fireplace doors". Oh my! It cleaned the soot off quickly, with very little effort.


Currently I have a fireplace candelabra instead of logs in the fireplace. (Did I mention I hate that insert?) It looks pretty with the doors shut or when lit with open doors.

I am so glad I read that one phrase on the back of the bottle of Weiman Cook Top! Head on over to see Shannon for more great Works For Me Wednesday tips!


3 Comments:

Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That stuff is awesome isn't it?? My friend was over one evening and suggested I try it for my fireplace doors (which were beyond filthy). I love that stuff and now I love cleaning my doors! Thanks for spreading the word.

Meredith

Blogger Jeni said...

Regarding the cat question you sent me - sounds like you've got a fastidious girl, which is good overall, but can be a pain.

The only thing I know to tell you is to either invest in a LitterMaid so the box is always clean, or put out multiple boxes.

You may try using a bigger box with really deep litter - some cats prefer that, because they feel like they've got more clean area to work with. Those high-sided storage boxes work well.

Good luck!

Blogger Mel said...

Thank you for sharing this info. I also have an insert for a fireplace, I'm not fond of ours either. I love to sit in front of the fireplace but, ours has issues of smoking once the wind kicks in. And yes, trying to keep the glass clean so you can see the beauty of the fire has been a real challenge. Can't wait to try it!

Post a Comment

<< Home